Monday, September 14, 2009

Thing 3: RSS feeds

Like many other aspects of Web 2.0 I have not explored, I have never set an RSS account before. I must agree with my fellow blogger Taryn that it was very easy to do. Now I can get notified when my favorite blogs and web sites post new content, without having to actually visit the sites I am interested in.
In addition to setting up RSS feeds for some of the bloggers in my class, I added one for Unshelved, the library comic strip. I am sure that, If you are a librarian, or aspiring to become one, you already know about Unshelved, but if you haven't heard of them before, I highly recommended, specially if you want to be a public librarian.
Another library-related item I added to my aggregator is the What I Learned Today blog. This blog combines library, open source and Web 2.0 topics. It is extremely interesting and I predict I will be seeing a lot of stuff related to the topics in this blog in this and other library classes.
'Til next time, dudes (and dudettes)!

No comments:

Post a Comment