Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thing 13: iGoogle

It has been quite a while since I have driven a car. Before I chose bipedal propulsion as my main form of transportation, I used to own and drive many types of cars. A good indicator of the type of car that I was driving at the time was the dashboard. Cheap cars would have the bare essentials, a speedometer, a fuel gauge and, sometimes, a temperature indicator. Mofre expensive cars would have all the above as well as a tachometer, seat belt indicators, air bag sensors, ambient temperature gauges, a compass an even a device that would alert me whether the doors were open or closed ( I could never convince a certain car I used to have that a door was most definitely not a jar).
iGoogle is like a dashboard for your web surfing device. It is fully customizable so you can have all the information you are interested in, all in one place. Users can arrange iGoogle by adding those items that are required from the user everytime the user makes an internet connection. Some people always look at the current weather on the internet, others open a browser to check their email, others yer want to find sporting events scores as soon as they open their browser, this and more is possible thanks to iGoogle.

No comments:

Post a Comment