Monday, October 12, 2009

Thing 22: What did I learn?

I don't think I exaggerate when I say that, during this 23 things on a stick assignment, I learn more about Web 2.0 tools than I had ever since I have been an Internet user.
After I completed this assignment, I had to ask myself if there are really more tools for me to explore. It seem like I have tested all of the tools available out there. I have learned how to post and embed video, how to use collaboration tools and productivity applications. I have learned so much about social networking, tagging and RSS feeds. I have learned how to really use the Internet to my advantage, making the most out of it.
The question remains, how do I keep up with all the stuff out there? I guess this is where RSS feeds, tagging and bookmarking come in handy. I also count on my classmates' blogs to inform me about new things.
Perhaps the most useful thing I learned, is the importance of information literacy on the face of an exponentially growing web. It will be hard to keep up, but this showed me a way to go at it systematically. The great part of the tools I learned is that they build on each other. Learning about one tool allows me to find and use others.
As said before, this has been one of the most enriching experiences I have ever had, and I look forward to keep up looking out there for the next Web 2.0 innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment